Canal Hamamatsu | Top Page > Emergency Calls



Emergency Calls


Please call 110 if you have or see a traffic accident or are witness to, or the victim of, a crime.

Fire / Ambulance

If a fire starts in your house or if you see a fire somewhere, shout “Kaji da” (fire) loudly to notify other people. Then immediately call 119 for the fire department.
If emergency treatment is required due to sudden illness, traffic accident, gas poisoning, serious burns, etc., call 119 for an ambulance.
First, clearly state what has happened: fire (kaji) or emergency (kyukyu). Then clearly state your name, address and telephone number. When you give information, either speak Japanese, or ask someone who can speak Japanese.

To Page Top