Canal Hamamatsu | Top Page > Labor > Labor Insurance



 Labor Insurance

There are 2 types of labor insurance

Workers’ Accident Compensation Insurance(rosai hoken)

When a worker is injured on the job, becomes ill clearly due to work related conditions or has an accident commuting to or from work, compensation benefits can be received if certain requirements are met.

Contact Information

Please contact the Labor Standards Supervision Office in charge of your workplace.

Hamamatsu Labor Standards Supervision Office
* Portuguese interpretation available
8F Hamamtsu Godo Chosha, 1-12-4, Chuo,Chūō-ku, Hamamatsu-shi Tel. 053-456-8147
Office hours

Monday–Friday 9:00–12:00 13:00–16:00

Employment Insurance

Employment insurance provides unemployment benefits for a certain period of time when a worker loses his/her job until another job can be found.

Joining Employment Insurance

In principle, all those employed in Japan, excluding certain part time and short-term workers, are required to join employment insurance.

Conditions for Receiving Unemployment Benefits

・Receive an employment insurance letter of separation from your employer (rishokuhyo )
・Be willing to work again, have the ability to do so, and be in a situation where you can work

* You must apply at the Hello Work office that oversees the area which contains the address listed on your Residence Card.


Contact Information

Hello Work (Public Employment Security Office)
50-2 Asada-cho, Chūō-ku, Hamamatsu
For information on joining unemployment insurance call Tel. 053-457-5153
For information on receiving unemployment insurance benefits call Tel. 053-457-5154

To Page Top